How to play Texas poker online
Want to play Texas poker? That’s it! Texas poker is the best game for a beginner to learn. Other poker games need a higher understanding of calculating odds and card counting. Otherwise, you can play Texas poker after a few minutes of learning and a few hours of practice.
We recommend playing Texas poker online to start because online poker rooms deal with many difficult details, like dealing and shuffling.
A Texas poker game goes as follows:
- Posting. According to the limit and betting structure, players place out blinds and antes so there is an initial amount to start the game.
- The dealer shuffles up a standard deck of 52 playing cards.
- Two private cards are given face down to each player (so-called pocket cards).
- Then the round of betting starts with the player to the left of the blinds. This is the pre-flop betting round. Like in most poker games, in Texas poker players can call, raise, or fold.
- After the betting round the dealer discards the top card from the deck to prevent cheating. This is called a burn card.
- Then the dealer makes the flop – flips three cards from the deck face up on the table. These are collective cards that anyone can combinate with their two pocket cards to create a poker hand.
- The player sitting left side from the dealer begins another betting round.
- After the betting determines, the dealer makes the turn – burns again then flips another collective card onto the table.
- The player to the left of the dealer starts another round of betting. This is where the bet size doubles.
- The dealer makes “the river” – burns a card again and places a final card face up on the table. Players can now use any of the five cards on the table or the two pocket cards to create a poker hand from five card.
- There is one final round of betting begining with the player to the left of the dealer.
- Showdown. All players who haven’t folded uncover their hands starting with the player to the left of the last player to call. Players use a combination of community cards and pocket cards to create a poker hand.
- The winner is the one who shows the best hand.
Understanding this structure, you can play Texas poker and its variants. You can practice all you want for free in online poker rooms.